Our nursery is seeking a highly self-motivated individual with a strong knowledge of plants and an expert green thumb to manage our Garden Center. This is a full-time position that is primarily outdoors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining the grounds, including watering plants, weeding, planting, sweeping, cleaning and raking
- Manage and order plant inventory
- Greet customers as they arrive and answer questions relating to plants and inventory
- Coordinate treatment of insect and fungus control on nursery stock
- Use the cash register to process sales
- Answer or make phone calls, write e-mails
- Position requires working outside in extreme weather and heat for duration of shift
- Candidate must be able to constantly move around Garden Center and position themselves to dig, plant, weed, and clean
- Must be able to frequently move plants weighing up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to safely move over uneven terrain
- Able to safely wear protective gear
Pay depends on experience level. We are looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of nursery/garden center experience.